Okay so you’ve got a business and you need leads right? And every internet marketing article you read tells you to blog content content and more content. But how do you create a blog that actually generates leads?
This blog has helpful tips for creating a Lead Generation Blog.
First- Get your Own Blog!
Meaning you get a domain and host it yourself. The problem we see many times is a business owner who chooses to use a free blogging service. The business owner is then left with a sub-domain blog that looks something like this > mybusiness.freeblogcompany.com
Sub-domains are bad because they can hurt your SEO, and the blogs usually come with less features, and worst of all your efforts are advertising for the company who gave you the free bog!
We recommend buying your www.domain from a hosting company like Dreamhost(best unlimited hosting) Use “Bimo” as a coupon code and save $20 on your hosting!
Second- Install WordPress
Word press is a free platform for your blog, that right free. As soon as you buy your websites domain you need to install wordpress. Ask your hosting provider to install for you, the guys at dreamhost do it for free.
WordPress is awesome because it has many free ‘plug-ins’ you can add to your blog for a wide range of features such as internet marketing and capturing emails! There are many other reasons why wordpress is the best and you can google them if you need to.
Here are A few FREE Internet marketing plug-ins for your word press blog:
- Headspace (For SEO)-This is an essential SEO plugin which creates search engine friendly meta tags (title, keywords and description) for all your posts and pages. This is an extremely powerful plugin that is loaded with features and functionality.
- Optin-Form Adder (generate leads)- This plugin allows you to add your autoresponder code and setup an opt-in form for your sidebar or within a post or page. This is a really easy way to start generating leads from your blog!!
- WP-Sticky - This plugin allows you to make a specific post sticky, which means it will stay at the top of your page no matter how old it is. This is very useful for making special offers and opt-in forms the first thing a reader sees when he or she visits your homepage.
- Email to Friend Plugin- This is a great plugin that adds a little icon at the bottom of your posts to send to a friend. Once clicked, a popup box is opened where the user can send the link. It is really easy to use.
- WP-Banner Ads Plugin-This is a banner ad management plugin for WordPress. Now you can add banners to your blog linking back to your business website.
Plug-ins are very easy to set-up on your wordpress dashboard. If you have any trouble you can easily find examples on google or youtube describing how to install a wordpress plug-in.
Third- Targeting and Tracking
You should know how many visitors your blog has each day and where these visitors are coming from! Installing analytics onto your blog is very easy. We recommend using jetpack by word press. Tracking the bounce rate of your visitors arriving from one traffic source opposed to another traffic source will be extremely helpful in determine where your marketing is paying off.
Also before you post an article so a simple keyword search using google’s free keyword tool. You want to find keywords that have high search volumes, why? Because these words are what your customers are looking for. Use the keywords you find to title your blogs and add in your tags.
Lastly- Ask for leads
How does the saying go, ask and you shall receive? Well maybe its not that easy, but your blog will get more leads if you simply ask for people to leave their information. We have seen many blogs that have NO call to action and the business owners is wondering why he has no leads. Give calls to action to your curious blog readers.
Some ideas are to create a call to action at the end of blog posts, List your phone number in the head of the blog, offer a free e-book for people who give their information, offer free consultations.
If you would like us to take a look at your blog, send us an email email@example.com we would love to hear from you guys